Honors Algebra II
Instructional time should focus on five critical areas:
- Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships
- Introduction to Trigonometric Functions
- Modeling with Functions
- Applications of Probability
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data
- Linear Functions- Unit 1
- Systems of Linear Equations - Unit 2
- Factoring and Complex Numbers - Unit 3
- Quadratic Functions - Unit 4
- Polynomial Functions - Unit 5
- Rational Equations - Unit 6
- Sequences and Series - Unit 7
- Absolute Value and Inequalities - Unit 8
- Radical Functions & Rational Exponents - Unit 9
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions - Unit 10
- Trigonometry - Unit 11
- Combinations and Permutations - Unit 12
- Probability - Unit 13
- Statistics - Unit 14
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.