Instructional time should focus on five critical areas:
- Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations
- Linear and Exponential Relationships
- Descriptive Statistics
- Expressions and Equations
- Quadratic Functions and Modeling
- Statistics - Unit 1
- Solving Linear Equations - Unit 2
- Graphing Linear Equations - Unit 3
- Writing Linear Equations - Unit 4
- Linear Systems - Unit 5
- Library of Functions (Absolute Value, Piecewise & Step) - Unit 6
- Exponential Expressions - Unit 7
- Exponential Functions - Unit 8
- Polynomials - Unit 9
- Solving Quadratic Equations - Unit 10
- Graphing Quadratic Functions - Unit 11
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.