Naperville 203's Music Philosophy
We believe music is an essential part of learning and all students should have equitable access to a comprehensive, cohesive, and rigorous program of study that develops music literacy and instills a lifelong love, enjoyment, understanding, and respect for music. The music program of study will:
- Provide opportunities for creating, performing, responding, and connecting to music independently and collaboratively, while engaging in authentic, developmentally appropriate experiences.
- Prepare students to explore, experience, and perform music of a variety of genres and styles both individually and in community.
- Provide individualized skill development, where students can realize their potential and become college and career ready.
- Deepen the understanding of music as a common language that bridges cultures and history.
- Nurture a personal level of understanding, appreciation, and passion for music.