Algebra 1 with Geometry
Instructional time should focus on ten critical areas:
- Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations
- Linear and Exponential Relationships
- Descriptive Statistics
- Expressions and Equations
- Quadratic Functions and Modeling
- Congruence, Proof and Constructions
- Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry
- Extending to Three Dimensions
- Connecting Algebra and Geometry through Coordinates
- Circles with and without Coordinates
- Statistics - Unit 1
- Introduction to Geometry - Unit 2
- Parallel & Perpendicular Lines - Unit 3
- Graphing Linear Functions - Unit 4
- Linear Systems - Unit 5
- Transformations - Unit 6
- Library of Functions - Unit 7
- Congruent Triangles - Unit 8
- Concurrency in Triangles - Unit 9
- Similar Triangles - Unit 10
- Geometric Modeling in Three Dimensions - Unit 11
- Exponential Functions - Unit 12
- Polynomials - Unit 13
- Solving Quadratic Equations - Unit 14
- Graphing Quadratics Functions - Unit 15
- Quadrilaterals - Unit 16
- Circles - Unit 17
- Geometric Modeling in Two Dimensions - Unit 18
- Geometric Modeling in Three Dimensions - Unit 19
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.