Instructional time should focus on five critical areas:
- Congruence, Proof and Constructions
- Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry
- Extending to Three Dimensions
- Connecting Algebra and Geometry through Coordinates
- Circles with and without Coordinates
- Introduction to Geometry - Unit 1
- Parallel & Perpendicular Lines - Unit 2
- Transformations - Unit 3
- Congruent Triangles - Unit 4
- Concurrency in Triangles - Unit 5
- Circles - Unit 6
- Similar Triangles - Unit 7
- Quadrilaterals - Unit 8
- Geometric Modeling in Two Dimensions - Unit 9
- Geometric Modeling in Three Dimensions - Unit 10
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.