Prairie School is off to a fabulous start to the 2017-2018 school year!
- We welcomed 21 new families to the Prairie community! Thank you Home & School for providing new family tours on August 11 and for hosting a new family coffee on August 29.
- Curriculum Night was a huge success and I was pleased to get a chance to meet so many of you on this important night. Strong relationships between home and school are vital for student success!
- Our Fall Social was a great opportunity for our community to get together and celebrate a new school year as well as our wonderful Prairie garden!
- Our Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) program kicked off its 3rd year with a donut party for dads and Prairie students! Over 180 dads have volunteered at Prairie through this program!
- Home & School funds provided additional archery equipment for our
PE program, new soccer goals, recess materials, social emotional learning materials, reading materials to provide differentiated instruction, flexible seating options and many other instructional items for our classrooms! Thank you!! We are so lucky to have your generous support!
- All classroom teachers sent home interest inventories on the first Friday of school to ensure we establish strong relationships with all students to support student learning.
- School, Family, Community Partnership Committee (SFCP) sponsored our first Parent Talk event focused on SEL and Strength Based Parenting!
- Students in grades 2-5 have Chromebooks to enhance their instruction!
- Our teachers began implementing a new SEL curriculum.
- Our first Home & School meeting was a huge success and very well
- attended. We are so lucky to have caring, involved parents. Please join us next month!
There are MANY staff members to welcome to Prairie School! Please join me in welcoming these highly qualified staff members to the Prairie family.
- Jill Accardo - Nurse
- Ally Gargano - 4th grade
- Cheryl Heilicser - Speech and Language Pathologist/MN
- Joanna LaPerna - Kindergarten
- Megan Lathan - Orchestra
- Dawn Malatia - Student Support Coordinator
- Anne Ramsay - LBS serving K-1
- Scott Sanborn - 3rd Grade
- Lauren Stercay- 2nd grade
- Kiersten Spayer - Music
- Lauren Dixon - MN/ Primary teacher
- Karen Stokes - Reading Specialist
- Dawn Wheeler - School Social Worker
- Mary Pat Witmer - School Secretary
- Brian Zallis - Assistant Principal
Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on the evening October 5 and the morning of October 6. Once again, we used PTC Wizard to schedule conferences. Research and experience tell us that a strong partnership between home and school is important to student success.
Parent/Teacher Conferences are a great way to strengthen this partnership. We hope you take this opportunity to sit down and talk with us aboutyour student.
On behalf of our school staff, I want to thank you for planning to attend these conferences. We look forward to seeing you then.
Thanks for sharing your children with us! Prairie School is great place to learn and grow because of the strong partnership we have with Prairie families.
Principal – Prairie Elementary School
Never Stop Learning!