To report an absence, late arrival or early dismissal, please call the Prairie Health Office/Attendance Line at 630-420-6350 prior to 8 AM. This secure line is available at any time during the day or night. Please do not email absence information as there may be a substitute employee working in the Health Office.
Leave a voice mail indicating the following: When leaving your message, please be sure to include:
• Date of the Absence
• Student's Name
• Teacher's Name
• Reason for the Absence
Health Services Overview
District 203 Health Service Philosophy
School Health Services recognize that an individual’s education and growth is related to their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
District 203 believes:
- Each individual is valuable and the development of his/her potential is the first responsibility of education.
- The acquisition of skills necessary to maintain a healthy state is a cardinal component of education.
- An effective school health program requires the cooperative involvement of family, school, community agencies, and medical disciplines.
- School Health Services provides a unique contribution to the development of concepts of wellness in students, families, and community.
- A maturing student should be able to face social situations and life problems with increasing judgment as to his/ her role and acceptance of it. Recognition of health issues should be fostered as a civic responsibility.