The Human Resources Department is responsible for Human Capital Management in the following areas:
- Creating strategies and processes for sourcing, recruiting, and retaining the human resources needed to support the district objectives, including pre-employment screening, substitutes, recruitment, and leave management.
- Dealing with the elements of formal labor management, collective bargaining and contract administration, and labor management meetings.
- Dealing with maintaining a positive, productive and cohesive work environment, ensuring that relations with employees comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; and resolving workplace disputes, conflict resolution, anti-harassment, unemployment hearings, and disciplinary matters.
- Designing and administering compensation systems including Career 203, the professional development model for educators, and evaluating our pay practices.
Employee Development and Performance
- Addressing performance management, performance measurement systems, mentoring, leadership development, talent management, and succession planning.