Instructional time should focus on four critical areas:
- developing understanding of multiplication and division and strategies for multiplication and division within 100;
- developing understanding of fractions, especially unit fractions (fractions with numerator 1);
- developing understanding of the structure of rectangular arrays and of area; and
- describing and analyzing two-dimensional shapes.
- Multiplication and Division with 0-5, 9, and 10 - Unit 1
- Multiplication and Division with 6s, 7s, 8s, and Multiply with Multiples of 10 - Unit 2
- Write Equations to Solve Word Problems - Unit 5
- Polygons, Perimeter and Area - Unit 6
- Explore Fractions - Unit 7
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.