Instructional time should focus on four critical areas:
- extending understanding of base-ten notation;
- building fluency with addition and subtraction;
- using standard units of measure; and
- describing and analyzing shapes.
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.