Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
Enrollment is typically a one time only event that occurs when a student enters the school system for the first time. Parents or guardians must prove residency and provide other pertinent information in order to enroll their child/children. If a student leaves the district and returns, the parent/guardian(s) is required to re-enroll their student(s).
Registration is a yearly event in which parents/guardians update information and pay fees for their children. Junior high and high school students receive class schedules and complete other functions to prepare for a new school year.
All families new to District 203 are encouraged to enroll their new student through our online enrollment application. In order to successfully begin the enrollment process, it is recommended that parents and guardians of new students have an email address. It is a two-step process that involves:
1. Entering family and student information online.
2. Proof of residency, original or certified copy of the student’s birth certificate and legal custody documents must be presented in person at our Centralized Enrollment Office.
Centralized Enrollment will:
• Review the online enrollment application
• Verify residency
• Review legal documentation (birth certificates, parenting/custody agreements, etc.)
• Approve enrollment
• Confirmation of enrollment will be forward to the school from the Centralized Enrollment Office
• Schools will assist families with information on fees, school supplies, etc.
• High school students will meet with counselor to select courses
Centralized Enrollment Office hours during the school year are Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with early and late hours available by appointment only (call 630-548-4320).
Summer hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., again with early and late hours by appointment only.
Call the Centralized Enrollment Office at 630-548-4320 during regular office hours or leave a message. A member of the Centralized Enrollment Team will be happy to provide assistance.