Long Term Disability (LTD) is another income protection benefit offered to you at no cost by Naperville Community Unit School District 203. Long Term Disability replaces a portion of your earnings if you are disabled for an extended period of time due to illness or injury. All Full Time active employees are eligible for Long Term Disability coverage through Reliance Standard Life Insurance.
The information below highlights some of the plan benefits. Please refer to your benefit plan certificate for detailed information.
- Benefits begin after 60 consecutive days of disability or the day allotted/accrued sick time is exhausted, whichever is greater.
- Pays 60% of basic monthly income up to a maximum of $7,500 per month.
- Benefits continue until you reach your normal retirement age under Social Security, as long as you continue to be disabled.
- Benefits available for working on a Part Time basis while disabled.
- Survivor benefit equal to 3 times the Insured’s last monthly benefit if death occurs after 180 consecutive days of Total Disability.