Future Focus Community Engagement Session 5
Topic - Facilities: Making Space for LearningSuccess has been “redefined” for 21st century learners. Expectations for programs and services have evolved and technology capabilities are continually changing. Future Focus 203 will look next at our facilities and their alignment with future educational needs.As we look at the spaces where learning takes place, consider the following questions:
The fifth Future Focus Community Engagement session explored how facilities impacts the question "Do we have the capacity and resources to prepare our students for success?
- How efficiently is your school building being used?
- Are activities compromised by space?
- Do adjacencies inhibit delivery?
- Is instruction program driven or capacity driven?
- Are student opportunities impacted?
- Are tech tools effectively utilized for learning? teaching?
- Are the learning environments equitable?
- Do spaces support development of 21st century skills?
- Is the application of technology in learning affected by the facility itself?
Future Focus PowerPoint Presentation-Community Engagement Session 5
Community Engagement Session 5 Verbatim Transcripts and Executive Summary
The video below about 21st Century Education was used in the presentation at Session 5.
The fifth Future Focus Community Engagement session on September 18, 2013 at Naperville Central High School, shown in the video below, explored how facilities impacts the question "Do we have the capacity and resources to prepare our students for success?