Work Permits

  • Naperville Central students and younger minors may apply to obtain a work permit using the procedure outlined below. Please follow all instructions and be sure to gather all necessary documents prior to visiting NCHS. All required documents must be present at the time of the work permit appointment. Any original documents will be copied and returned to you.

    The minor and one parent/guardian will need to make an appointment to bring all required paperwork in person to obtain the permit. This is a requirement under section 205/12 of the Child Labor Law. Please be aware that anyone entering the building will be screened for health and safety reasons.


      • Birth Certificate
      • Social Security Card
      • A current Physical dated within 1 year of application or Certificate of Physical Fitness filled out by your physician
      • Letter of Intent from Employer or the completed Work Permit - Letter of Intent to Hire document with the employer’s signature
      • The completed Application for a Work Permit
      • If your minor is not an NCHS student and you reside within District 203 boundaries, but your current educational provider does not process work permits, please also fill out the Principal’s Statement to Issuing Officer, to be signed by your minor’s current Principal
      • If the minor will be a performer, please provide proof of their Child Performer Trust fund, as well as a copy of a government-issued photo ID (front and back) for the parent or legal guardian on the minor’s birth certificate or court order regarding adoption or guardianship

    Upon review of the above-listed documents, a Work Permit will be generated. A copy will be kept on file at NCHS, a copy will be provided to the student/family, and a copy will be generated for the employer.

    Walk-ins are available, but we encourage you to make an appointment with the administrative assistant for your minor's Alpha team listed below:

    A-E: Linda Arneth -

    F-LE:Robin Patton -

    LH-RUP: Brenna Metz -

    RUS-Z: Pam Ford -

    During the summer months or if you have any questions, you may contact Linda Arneth at: or (630) 420-6554.