What exactly is the Literary Magazine?
Our award-winning publication is one of three at NCHS – in addition to the newspaper and the yearbook. We are a collection of the year’s best student and staff writing and artwork; we publish poems, short stories, essays, plays, photos, drawings, paintings and mixed media/digital art. The full-color 40+ page magazine is one we develop and design throughout the fall and spring and publish in May.
To submit work to the Literary Magazine, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission and vision:
- To collect, evaluate, and publish works from students and staff in a high-quality, engaging final product.
- To blend writing and artistic works representing a wide variety of genres and perspectives.
- To collaborate equally and fairly on the process of publication.
Lit Magazine Staff Roles
- Responsible for overseeing all staff work and decision making
- Meets regularly with advisor and other editors to monitor deadlines and work quality
- Committed to attending all meetings and for communicating the vision of the magazine to all staff
- Prepared and willing to teach underclassmen the necessary skills to advance to leadership
- Responsible for soliciting, organizing, evaluating and pairing art pieces to literature pieces
- Serves as a liaison to the Art/Humanities department
- Contributes to the vision of the overall magazine including layout
- Committed to attending all relevant meetings and encouraging growth among the underclassmen
- Responsible for soliciting, organizing, and evaluating all written submissions
- Committed to attending all relevant layout and evaluation meetings
- Serves as a liaison to the Communication Arts department
- Committed to encouraging growth among the underclassmen
- Responsible for getting the word out! This includes the creation and placement of posters and announcements.
- Organizes and conducts the collection of submitted material
- Serves as a liaison to Student Activities Office
- Helps with distribution of the final product
- Committed to attending relevant meetings
What type of work can people submit?PoemsShort storiesPlaysEssaysPaintingsDrawings/SketchesPhotographsDigital or mixed-media artPotteryJewelry