In order to process your Work Permit request as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below:
Send electronic copies of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Birth Certificate
- A Physical dated within one year from the date of application or Certificate of Physical Fitness filled out by your physician
- Letter of Intent from Employer or the completed Work Permit - Letter of Intent to Hire document with the employer's signature.
- The completed Work Permit Application Instructions document.
- The completed Illinois Department of Labor - Child Labor Compliance Form
- If your minor is not an NNHS student, please also fill out the Principal's Statement to Issuing Officer to be signed by your minor's current Principal
- If your minor will be a performer, please provide proof of their Child Performer Trust fund, as well as a copy of a government issues photo ID (front and back) for the parent or legal guardian on the minor's birth certificate or court order regarding adoption or guardianship
Upon receipt and review of the above listed documents, we will schedule a time your minor and one parent/guardian to come for an in-person visit to complete the process.
After the in-person meeting, the appropriate documentation will be submitted to the Department of Labor (DOL). The Work Permit is not considered to be active until we receive confirmation from the DOL.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.