Naperville 203 continues to use a layered mitigation strategy to ensure the safety of our students and staff members.
• A student sent home with COVID-19-like symptoms can now return to school if the student tests negative for COVID-19 on a PCR, rapid PCR or antigen test. PCR tests are strongly recommended. (Home tests are not accepted)
• The sibling of a student who is experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms will no longer be immediately sent home. The symptomatic student should be tested within 24 hours, and the sibling can remain in school as long as the symptomatic student tests negative and documentation of the testing is provided to the school health office.
• Testing is required for symptomatic individuals with symptoms not attributed to known or chronic conditions. The DuPage County Health Department does not allow for letters of alternative diagnosis. Please discuss any specific conditions or concerns with your certified school nurse as decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
• Finally, as a reminder, please keep students home from school if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (100.4 or higher) or chills
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Fatigue from unknown cause
- Muscle or body aches from unknown cause
Building Communication with Families
Building administrators will continue to communicate low-risk (weekly) and close contact (daily, as necessary) messages with students and parents/guardians. Students and parents/guardians should expect to receive the following communication when the following circumstances arise:
- Limited close proximity and a limited duration of time exposed to the individual diagnosed with COVID-19
- Reported diagnosis with COVID-19 within the last three months (IDPH, August 2021)
Close Contact Communication
- Close proximity (within 3-6 feet) of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period, where both people did not engage in correct and consistent mask-wearing
- No reported student vaccination
- No reported information of being previously diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last three months