This dashboard/tracker provides a summary of 2021-22 information regarding the number of Naperville 203 positive cases of COVID-19 and individuals quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure for both students and staff. The data will be reviewed and updated weekly during the 2021-22 school year. Updates should appear on Monday afternoons by 5 pm when school is in session and reflect data from the week prior.
When making decisions regarding in-person learning, Naperville 203 uses data from the DuPage County Health Department and Northwestern University's 7-day positivity rates for zip codes in our district (60440, 60517, 60532, 60540, 60563, 60565).
The COVID-19 Tracker shows the weekly number of positive cases and quarantine cases among students and staff within Naperville 203 schools and buildings.
- Positive case counts for students/staff are counted for any students/staff enrolled or employed that have attended Naperville 203 buildings or transportation for any reason (academic, athletics, clubs, etc.). A positive case is counted on the week it is reported. Every week after, it is placed in the quarantine category for the duration of the individual’s quarantine.
- Quarantine case counts for students/staff are counted for any students/staff enrolled or employed that have attended Naperville 203 buildings or transportation for any reason (academic, athletics, clubs, etc.). Quarantine cases are a total number of students and staff not attending school due to testing positive and/or exposure to a positive case. Click HERE for quarantine information. The quarantine total reflects the number of current incidents with individuals rolling on and off of quarantine based on guidelines.
- In an effort to protect student and staff identity, case counts will be represented in the following ways: 0=no cases; <5=case count range between 1-4; 5 or greater= actual number of cases.
Naperville 203 is committed to:
- Being transparent in reporting aggregate community spread and exposure information, Naperville 203 can only include positive cases of COVID-19 and exposures reported to Naperville 203 or gathered through our mitigation strategies.
- Posting metric information Monday afternoons by 5 pm.
- Reviewing local positivity rates & new cases to determine transmission level.
- Communicating the Naperville 203 transmission level to the community on this page by building/school location and student/staff cases and quarantine numbers.
- Continuing to notify families of close contact and low-risk exposures via emails/letters from the building health offices, however, we will not send these notifications to the entire school community.
We have engaged SHIELD Illinois to offer free voluntary, non-invasive COVID-19 testing at school. SHIELD has a diagnostic (RT-PCR) test that will be available to staff and students at school once a week. This saliva-based test will be available to identify positive COVID-19 cases and keep students and staff safe. The intention of providing this testing is to maximize our ability to keep students in school and minimize instructional time loss. Details about the SHIELD COVID-19 voluntary testing program are available.
Weekly Tracker updates can be viewed by using the COVID-19 Tracker dropdown menu located at the top left corner of this page.