District 203 Health Service Philosophy
School Health Services recognize that an individual’s education and growth is related to their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
District 203 believes:
- Each individual is valuable and the development of his/her potential is the first responsibility of education.
- The acquisition of skills necessary to maintain a healthy state is a cardinal component of education.
- An effective school health program requires the cooperative involvement of family, school, community agencies, and medical disciplines.
- School Health Services provides a unique contribution to the development of concepts of wellness in students, families, and community.
- A maturing student should be able to face social situations and life problems with increasing judgment as to his/ her role and acceptance of it. Recognition of health issues should be fostered as a civic responsibility.
Naperville 203 continues to monitor for clusters of cases of communicable diseases, such as influenza and COVID. For symptomatic students, we recommend symptomatic individuals test, and recommend that individuals follow the CDC guidelines
of staying home for five days and masking on days 6-10. Naperville 203 does not require
testing, isolation or masking.