How to Create a Vision Board for Happiness
A Vision Board is a collage of images and words that you should display in a prominent place to remind you WHY you do what you do every day; images and words that spark your motivation and remind you of your values, goals, or dreams. Feeling inspired? If you would like to make a vision board for happiness, here are some tips:
- Identify the top 3 values that would help support the vision for happiness. Values that you can consider include peace, authenticity, generosity, charity, self-love, love for all, connectedness, joy, possibility, courage and integrity. Most importantly, the values should connect with your heart.
- Next, describe 3 actions that would help support each value.
- Paste a picture of yourself in the middle of the board. Choose a picture of yourself smiling, feeling joyous.
- Find pictures that would help support each value and paste them on your vision board. You can also find pictures of the actions that you have described.
- Stick any embellishments that would create a lively vision board.
- Place your vision board in a visible spot.
- Apply the 3 actions regularly.
Eight ways to appreciate what you have right now.
- Keep a journal and write down what you are grateful for daily.
- Be present and live in the moment.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Practice self-acceptance and compassion.
- Express your feelings.
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Practice self-care daily.