The Optimistic School Community: A Welcome Message from Superintendent Dan Bridges
What is the purpose of the Optimistic School Community series?
The Optimistic School Community provides invaluable tools and techniques to assist us in focusing on wellness during these unprecedented times. The series focuses on:
- Developing a resilient and positive mindset
- The impact of social connections on positivity and rational optimism for wellbeing
- Building individual and family happiness habits for self-care
- Raising the levels of happiness of yourself, family, staff, and students
- Creating a positive and adaptive mindset
What is the Optimistic School Community Series?
- A set of six interactive modules that includes 5-15 minute videos with accompanying activities and resources designed to build a positive mindset and foster social-emotional well-being for our students.
- All six modules are self-paced and can be completed at your own leisure.
- The series begins on Monday, February 1, with two modules being released each week. (Click HERE to view the series calendar)
- There will also be three interactive live virtual sessions from 7:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. in the evening that will highlight the themes of each week. (Click HERE to register for the live sessions)
Shawn Achor Video Message for Families
Shawn Achor – Positive Psychology Expert
- Most Popular Course on Harvard Campus for 7 years
- Top 15 Most-Watched TED Talks of All Time (22 Million)
- International Best-selling Books “The Happiness Advantage”, “The Orange Frog” and “Big Potential”
- Most popular training “Workshop on Happiness and Optimism”
In order to strengthen our core mission of a commitment to excellence is the hallmark of Naperville 203. As a school and community partnership, our promise is to provide the highest quality educational experience we can envision and to support families. During this time our primary focus is on creating a highly positive school community that recognizes the importance of positivity, optimism, and hope.
Positive psychology focuses on the positive events and influences in life, including:
- Deepens student, family, and community development.
- Positive experiences (like happiness, joy, inspiration, and love).
- Positive states and traits (like gratitude, resilience, and compassion).
- Positive households (applying positive principles within families).