- Print books available for checkout
- Sora (aka OverDrive) eBooks and eAudio books available for checkout 24/7
- Can be read/heard on Chromebooks, tablets, smartphones and dedicated ebook devices
- The Sora app is on all student Chromebooks, in the task bar.
- Access the NCHS Sora/OverDrive collection
- Readers Advisory - whole class or individual
- Research Assistance Program (http://tinyurl.com/NCHS-RAP-with-Librarian)
- Information Literacy instruction - whole class or individual
- Inter-library loan from public and college/university libraries
- Photocopies, color prints for school assignments
- 3D Printing - prints must be approved by an LRC Director
- Quiet study space in the College and Career Center, when not in use by classes
- Green Screen Recording room - see Library staff member to reserve a time
- Chromebook charger - for in-library use only
- 24/7 Access to databases (passwords are in the print Redbook and in the Learning Commons)
- Books, Kindles (for checkout of OverDrive ebooks)
- 4 week checkout
- 1 week checkout
- Audio books (CD Rom and OverDrive audio)
- 3 week checkout for CD Rom, or teacher discretion
- 3 week checkout for Sora audio
- Cameras, Digital MP3 Audio recorders/players
- 3 day checkout or teacher discretion
- Art Department Cameras
- 5 day checkout
- Cameras may be renewed if there are no reserves
Note: no overdue fines are being charged while there are restrictions for Covid.
Learning Commons Policies:
- Respect Others
- Keep conversation to a quiet level so others may work without disruptions.
- When using the monitors in the Breakout rooms, video/screen projections must be school related and appropriate.
- Respect the Space
- Sign in at the desk with your ID Card during school hours, unless attending with a class.
- Snacks and covered drinks are permissible. Please finish lunch from the cafeteria or take-out restaurants before coming to the LC. Dispose of all trash and clean up spills.