In 1931, Naperville District 203 parents voted to withdraw from the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in order to keep resources within our community, rather than send dues to a national organization. Naperville General Home & School Association was formed and is still going strong. One of the 21 associated Home & School parent organizations in District 203, NNHS Home & School is made up of the parents and guardians of Naperville North High School students and the administration, teachers and staff of Naperville North High School.
Unlike elementary and junior high Home & School organizations in District 203, NNHS Home & School does no fundraising. To support group efforts, families are asked to make an annual $15 contribution, which is the group’s only source of income. NNHS Home & School is a 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts to Naperville North Home & School are tax deductible as allowable by law. Families who make their annual contribution receive the Home & School-produced Parent/Student Directory.
NNHS Home & School committees have many single event volunteer opportunities at the school throughout the year to fit every schedule. Some of our events are early in the morning, some are during the day and some are in the evening. Below are some of the fun ways we support our students and staff:
- Decorations & Chaperones for social events like Homecoming, Spring Dance and Senior Celebration
- Grants to compensate guest speakers at NNHS Assemblies
- Coffees with the Principal, informal events for parents to chat personally with the Principal
- Staffing of the NNHS school store, where students can purchase school supplies, PE uniforms & sprint wear
- NNHS Parent Guide, an invaluable resource answering many FAQ’s
- Support health office staff during EKG testing, vision/hearing screenings & blood drives
- Funding wish list items (i.e. courtyard renovations, meditation garden, Thermocycler, etc.)
- Staff Appreciation through Teacher Breakfasts and staff recognition…and more!
The NNHS Home & School Board consists of an Executive Board and many standing committee chairs. Board members meet monthly, September-November and January-April, to discuss Home & School business; however, all NNHS parents are invited to attend Home & School meetings! This is a fabulous way to learn the latest news about North as well as other useful parenting information from guest speakers.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.