In 1931, Naperville District 203 parents voted to withdraw from the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in order to keep resources within our community, rather than send dues to a national organization. Naperville General Home & School Association was formed and is still going strong. One of the 21 associated Home & School parent organizations in District 203, NNHS Home & School is made up of the parents and guardians of Naperville North High School students and the administration, teachers and staff of Naperville North High School.
Unlike elementary and junior high Home & School organizations in District 203, NNHS Home & School does no fundraising. To support group efforts, families are asked to make an annual $15 contribution, which is the group’s only source of income. NNHS Home & School is a 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts to Naperville North Home & School are tax deductible as allowable by law. Families who make their annual contribution receive the Home & School-produced Parent/Student Directory.
NNHS Home & School committees have year-round volunteer opportunities, sometimes during the day, sometimes in the evenings, sometimes at school, other times in families’ homes, to achieve our mission to promote close cooperation, understanding and communication between NNHS and families for the maximum benefit of NNHS students. Here are just some of our efforts:
- Mini-grants for guest speakers, school-wide technology, and student scholarships
- NNHS Parent Survival Guide, the “everything-North” answers to many frequently asked questions
- Support to health office staff during student EKG testing, vision/hearing screenings, and blood drives
- Staffing of NNHS School Store, where students can purchase school supplies, PE clothes and spiritwear daily
- Coffees with the Principal, which are informal evenings for parents to chat personally with our principal
- Chaperones & decorations for social events, such as Homecoming & Spring Dances and Senior Celebration
- Hospitality for Graduation, Teacher Breakfasts...and more!
The NNHS Home & School Board consists of an Executive Board and many standing committee chairs. Board members meet monthly, September-November and January-April, to discuss Home & School business; however, all NNHS parents are invited to attend Home & School meetings! This is a fabulous way to learn the latest news about North as well as other useful parenting information from guest speakers.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.