The Phoenix Team integrates academically talented students in seventh grade, working to provide educational experiences intended to allow growth academically and affectively. While supporting the District 203 Mission Statement, we use pacing (accelerated instruction and minimal repetition) and in-depth study (advanced content and a high degree of complexity and abstraction) to meet the needs of our students (Kingore, 2008).Our Mission
To provide an integrated curriculum that addresses the needs of academically gifted students in 7 grade including:
- Academic challenges with students as partners in planning and assessment,
- Social opportunities with academic and grade-level peers,
- Emotional support to enhance positive self-esteem and self-awareness,
- Authentic experiences and collaboration with the larger community.
Our Belief Statements
To view the homework slide below on a bigger screen - click on the 3 vertical dots and select enter full screen.To set up a parent canvas account, follow these directions.Check out the Team Phoenix Website for more information
- Each individual has unique and exceptional talents.
- Challenges are met through persistent effort.
- The exchange of ideas, knowledge, and experience is essential to success.
Mrs. Barr, Team Leader
LA & Social Science PI+
Voice Mail: (630) 848-5485
Science & Social Science PI+
Voice Mail: (630) 328-5838