Kennedy Jr. High School Improvement Plan
Indicator ID10: The school’s Leadership Team will regularly look at school performance data and aggregated classroom observation data and use that data to make decisions about school improvement and professional development needs.
- Identify the types of aggregate classroom data that are meaningful to collect
- Create a systematic method for staff members to collect aggregate classroom data.
- Identify the optimal methods (format, location, activity, etc.) for disseminating & analyzing aggregate classroom data.
- Identify professional development needs from the aggregate data & opportunities to engage staff members in targeted professional development on the identified needs.
Indicator IID08: Instructional Teams review student learning data (academic, physical, social, emotional, behavioral) to assess and make decisions about curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Teacher leaders will implement a Common PLC Framework.
- The vision of PLCs at Kennedy will be communicated to all staff members.
- Information will be collected from each PLC on what types of formative assessment data are being used to inform instruction.
- Professional learning on formative assessment (i.e., what it is, how to use it) will be initiated within each PLC.
Indicator IIIA07: All teachers differentiate assignments (individualize instruction) in response to individual student performance on pre-tests and other methods of assessment
Check out the more information on School Improvement Plans by visiting https://www.naperville203.org/Page/4168
- Staff will learn how formative assessment can be used to differentiate instruction.
- Staff members will investigate or learn about differentiated instructional methods.
- Staff members will apply differentiated instruction methods based on student learning needs.
- Collect and analyze evidence on the implementation and effectiveness of differentiated instruction.