Ann Reid Home & School Positions
ARECC has the following Home & School Executive Board positions each school year. If you would like to be considered for one of these board positions or would like further information, then please contact ARECC’s current H&S president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home & School Executive Board Duties
- President: Shall preside over all meetings of H & S and have general supervision over all activities of the Association. Reviews all financial transactions of the association and serve as signatory on financial accounts. Shall oversee all committees and attend monthly Board of Manager meetings for District 203 General Home & School Association.
- Vice President: Shall be responsible for creating and overseeing fundraising efforts. Other duties include attending monthly executive and general H&S meetings and assuming all duties of the president in the event of the president’s absence.
- Treasurer: Shall be responsible for receiving, depositing, and disbursing all H&S funds and keep accurate records of funds. Treasurer attends all executive and general H&S meetings as well as a District 203 treasurer meetings each year. Helps set and review committee budgets.
- Secretary: Shall attend executive and general H&S meetings. Create and distribute meeting agenda handouts. Read minutes from previous meetings and take notes of various committee updates and other important information. Email notes to executive board members and specified ARECC staff. Update volunteer list throughout the year.
Home & School Committee Chairs
- Social Committee: Shall be responsible for organizing various social events throughout the year such as spirit night, movie night, playground play dates., etc.
- Gift Card Program: Shall be responsible for all aspects of the gift card program (Great Scripts) two times per year (holiday and end of year).
- Book Fair Volunteer Coordinator: The book fair will be held in the fall and spring (in conjunction with parent/teacher conferences). The chairperson will be responsible for coordinating volunteers to help with display set-up and removal, and assisting during the book fair.
- Directory Spot: Shall be responsible for uploading the new, approved class list to the DirectorySpot app and attending to any questions throughout the year regarding DirectorySpot.
- Spirit Wear: Shall be responsible for all aspects of the spirit wear sale.
- Duckling Dash: Shall be responsible for assisting in any needs for the Duckling Dash event at the end of the year. Those needs include (but are not limited to) things such as, obtaining bananas, ordering the water bottles, ordering the ribbons.
- School Supplies: Shall be responsible for the purchase of school supplies kits. Shall coordinate the notification to all parents/guardians of school supply packets and coordinate the purchase and distribution of same.
- Hospitality: Shall be responsible for coordinating parent donations and volunteer assistance to supply meals/drinks/utensils during parent/teacher conferences (2 times per year).
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Coordinator: Shall be responsible for coordinating events with the Principal for American Education Week in the fall, Teacher Appreciation Week in the spring, Custodians Day, Secretary’s Day, Nurses Day, and Principals Day. The district provides a list of all the staff appreciation specific days/week.
Job descriptions are also posted on the Ann Reid Home & School
Ann Reid's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ARECCHS/