Five critical areas:
- Students develop fluency writing, interpreting, analyzing, and translating between various forms of linear equations and inequalities.
- Students build on and extend their knowledge of exponents to explore exponential functions to compare and contrast to linear functions. They will also interpret arithmetic and geometric sequences.
- Students analyze data and assess how a model fits data with the use of regression, residual analysis and technology.
- Students will strengthen their ability to see structure in and create quadratic and exponential expressions.
- Students will explore quadratic functions by interpreting various forms of quadratic expressions, and expand their knowledge into those functions that are piece-wise defined.
Mathematical Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.