Performance MusicStudents enrolled in performance music programs here at Lincoln strive to attain the goals set forth in the 6-8 music curriculum outlined in the link from the district site below.Use the left sidebar to navigate to the desired musical discipline.
Naperville 203's Music Philosophy
We believe music is an essential part of learning and all students should have equitable access to a comprehensive, cohesive, and rigorous program of study that develops music literacy and instills a lifelong love, enjoyment, understanding, and respect for music. The music program of study will:
- Provide opportunities for creating, performing, responding, and connecting to music independently and collaboratively, while engaging in authentic, developmentally appropriate experiences.
- Prepare students to explore, experience, and perform music of a variety of genres and styles both individually and in community.
- Provide individualized skill development, where students can realize their potential and become college and career ready.
- Deepen the understanding of music as a common language that bridges cultures and history.
- Nurture a personal level of understanding, appreciation, and passion for music.