School Improvement Plan
Indicator CL7: The environment of the school (physical, social, emotional, and behavioral) is safe, welcoming, and conducive to learning.
· Staff will establish, teach, and practice consistent expectations for student behavior throughout the day in extracurricular activities.
· Create a committee to redevelop LANCER PRIDE character education program.
· Develop and distribute student survey on the school culture, school environment, and experiences.
· Create a behavioral matrix aligned to LANCER PRIDE characteristics.
· Analyze profiles of students involved in activities, athletics, and intramurals to identify ways to increase such student involvement.
· Practice security measures which have been set in place for both physical environment and surroundings.
· Develop a process to administer a student survey to monitor Social Emotional Learning, school culture and Culturally Responsive Practices.
Indicator ID10: The school’s Leadership Team regularly looks at school performance data and aggregated classroom observation data and uses that data to make decisions about school improvement and professional development needs.
· Redefine procedures of the problem solving model.
· Identify assessment tools utilized within the district and building to support he Problem Solving process.
· Provide professional development related to various assessment utilized to enhance and inform instruction.
· Provide a building-wide PLC calendar.
· Explore and share a variety of classroom observation methods targeting student learning and performance through the best practices book.
· LJHS Rising Star Team along with identified academic teams will pilot the district RTI TIENET process during the 2014-2105 school year. This process will house all student data related to the RTI process.
Indicator IIIA07: All teachers differentiate assignments (individualize instruction) in response to individual student performance on pre-tests and other methods of assessment.
· Create a professional development plan to determine a common understanding of assessment types and what they indicate about student learning.
· Utilize PLC schedule to evaluate, assess, and develop common assessments.
· Utilize PLC schedule to evaluate, assess, and develop differentiated instruction.
· Staff will participate in a school-wide book study using Best Practice to enhance differentiated instruction.
· Professional development to provide understanding of how to differentiate instruction.For more information on School Improvement Plans visit https://www.naperville203.org/Page/4168