Counseling at Jefferson
The mission of District 203's counselors is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students.
Counselors will encourage students to explore and acquire the academic preparation necessary to create quality work, think independently, and become life-long learners. They will assist students in making educated and informed career decisions. Counselors will encourage students to acquire an understanding of, and a respect for, self and others. They will work toward developing the skills of responsibility, leadership, and contribution to the community.
Above all, we are advocates for students.
- Coordinate new student enrollment process
- Monitor test scores for Project Idea and Honors Math placement
- Provide families with referrals for outside services
- Address academic and social concerns with staff, students and parents
- Provide students with conflict resolution
- Coordinate team efforts with student interventions
- Classroom presentations on bullying, careers, transition to high school
- Involvement with parent-teacher conferences