Summer Learning Fun
Summer vacation has arrived! Research shows that students who take time each day to enjoy reading and practice math can maintain the learning they worked so hard to accomplish during the school year. Please make sure your children have opportunities to read during the summer. Setting aside time during the day to read will keep your child’s reading skills strong. Family reading time can be a great activity to bring your family members together for the sheer enjoyment of reading.
Remember you can always rely on MyOn and Raz Kids (K-2) as online reading materials for your students during the summer months. Along with these IXL, TypingQuest and other fun websites are also available to students. There are links available on the Ellworth website, click
- http://www.naperville203.org/ellsworthstudents to visit the Student’s Home page
- https://www.naperville203.org/ellsworthonlinetools to see other online app resources including
In addition to the Math and Reading Resources on our Parent Resources pages (please see the links on your left), additional resources include:
- Following these guidelines for IXL learning over the summer:
- Joining the Naperville Public Library Summer Reading Program: June 1 - Aug. 15. Click http://naperville.readsquared.com/ for their website.
- Visiting The Merry Tutor - Free tutoring services by high school students. Click http://www.themerrytutor.org/ for their website.