Welcome to Scott Physical Education
For information about physical education curriculum in District 203, please view the information below to the district website.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Tyler Maveus
District Physical Education Page
Physical Education Overview K-12
Physical Education Philosophy
The Physical Education Department, as well as Naperville School District 203, has made a commitment to prepare students to live healthy, productive and physically active lives for the 21st Century.
- Physical education will provide every student with a variety of challenges that will contribute to the development and maintenance of their physical, cognitive, and affective well being.
- Students will be provided with the foundation for making informed decisions that will empower them to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Physical Education is a lifelong process, which is the primary responsibility of the student, shared by home, district and community.
Physical Education Curriculum Beliefs
- The following strands must be interwoven into the K-12 Physical Education curriculum: movement skills strand; fitness education strand; team building strand; cognitive/literacy strand and technology strand.
- Quality daily Physical Education is essential, Kindergarten -12.
- Delivery of quality instruction requires certified physical educators.
Physical Education Curriculum K-5
- Bean Bags
- Following Directions
- Locomotor Skills
- Moving in Open Space
- Moving in Personal Space
- Starting & Stopping
- The Concept of Fitness
- Four Square Lead Up
- Understanding Cardiovascular Fitness
- Educational Developmental Gymnastics
- Exercise Cards
- Exercise Task
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Secret Exercises
- Team Building - Cross the River
- Team Building - Life Rafts
- Team Building - Noodles
- The Circuit