Health Services Overview
District 203 Health Service Philosophy
School Health Services recognize that an individual’s education and growth is related to their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
District 203 believes:
- Each individual is valuable and the development of his/her potential is the first responsibility of education.
- The acquisition of skills necessary to maintain a healthy state is a cardinal component of education.
- An effective school health program requires the cooperative involvement of family, school, community agencies, and medical disciplines.
- School Health Services provides a unique contribution to the development of concepts of wellness in students, families, and community.
- A maturing student should be able to face social situations and life problems with increasing judgment as to his/ her role and acceptance of it. Recognition of health issues should be fostered as a civic responsibility.
Scott Health Services Team
Ms. Amy Bailey
Certified School Nurse
Mrs. Brooke Dawson
Mrs. Kathy Edmunds
Health UpdatesInformation on Pertussis (whooping cough)
Information on Gastrointestinal (GI) IllnessThe DuPage County Health Department is recommending increased awareness and actions to help control and prevent the spread of gastrointestinal (GI) illness, toward keeping our community safe and healthy. GI illness, often confused with the “flu” or “stomach flu,” is common year round--especially during fall, winter, and spring months.Please see the GI Illness Fact Sheet for details about preventing influenza and the Hoja Informative de GI Illness for this information in Spanish.
Information on Measles- DuPage County Health DepartmentThe DuPage County Health Department has recently shared some timely information regarding the measles virus to increase awareness, disease recognition and reporting, and the importance of prevention. Please see the attached documents for more information. You may also visit the CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/measles/) or your child’s health care provider for additional information.
Information on Influenza- DuPage County Health DepartmentPlease see the Influenza Fact Sheet for details about preventing influenza and the Hoja Informativa de Influenza for this information in Spanish.Information on Respiratory Illness- DuPage County Health DepartmentWith the recent increase in respiratory illness reports in many parts of the nation and Illinois, alongside the upcoming cold and flu season, the DuPage County Health Department is recommending increased awareness and actions to help control and prevent the spread of illness, toward keeping our students and community safe and healthy.Please see the Respiratory Illness Fact Sheet for details on how you can help protect yourself and your child from respiratory illnesses.Por favor, consulte Hoja de Datos de Enfermedades Respiratorias para obtener más información sobre cómo puede ayudar a proteger a usted ya su hijo a causa de enfermedades respiratorias.