Kindergarten enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year opens on February 1, 2023. Kindergarten Preview will be held at Highlands Elementary School on Thursday, March 2, 2023.
The ZONES of Regulation®
State-Mandated Paperwork/Absences/Physician Orders
What do I need for class for the 2022-23 school year?
Why are some dates on the calendar incorrect?
Laura Noon, Principal / Dr. Lora Nowicki, Asst. Principal
Ever wonder the history of the whale? What about the school song?
• Initiates, prioritizes, and evaluates achievable goals
• Seeks continuous learning opportunities
• Manages multiple tasks and life demands
• Takes responsibility for all choices
• Demonstrates positive choices for physical, social, spiritual, and emotional health
• Maintains a positive outlook
Skills: Independence, Accountability, Organization, Wellness
• Works within diverse groups to achieve a common goal
• Monitors and manages own role and behavior as a group member
• Offers and accepts constructive criticism
• Demonstrates consideration and respect for self and others
• Selects, applies, and reflects upon the processes to solve problems
• Accesses, evaluates, integrates, and cites information from primary and secondary resources
• Receives and expresses knowledge through spoken, written, visual, and tactile language
• Perceives, creates, and respects aesthetic meaning of behavioral, natural, and artistic expression
Skills: Research, Communication, Aesthetic Appreciation, Critical Thinking
• Creates products to achieve an authentic purpose
• Constructs products appropriate for audience and context
• Designs and develops products/presentations that reflect integrity, confidence, objectivity, and craftsmanship
• Uses relevant computer technology wisely, ethically, and efficiently
Skills: Presentation, Technology
• Explores individual and societal connections which impact communities of all sizes
• Develops respect for self and empathy for those of diverse abilities, cultures, and beliefs
• Plans and takes action for creating community in a variety of settings
• Exercises the rights and responsibilities of citizenship
Skills: Global Awareness, Acceptance of Self and Others