What is a student ID card?Every student receives an ID card with their picture and a Student number assigned to them. They can use their ID card in the Learning Resource Center, on the school buses and as a debit card to buy a lunch. A $5.00 fee will be charged to replace a lost card.
What are school hours for Junior High?8 am until 2:50 pm
What is the Madison bell schedule?See other Bell Schedules page under Our School --> Information --> Bell SchedulesRegular Daily Schedule
End 1 8:00 8:48 2 8:52 9:32 3 9:36 10:16 4 10:20 11:00 5 11:05 11:45 6 11:50 12:30 7 12:35 1:15 8 1:20 2:00 9 2:04 2:50
What are the school hours for half-day institute days?Half-day institute school hours are 8:00 to 11:15 a.m.
What is "Supervised Study"?Supervised study is a daily class period where your child will be assigned to one of their core academic teachers. During this period, your child may begin working on any assignment they choose.* All seventh grade students have supervised study during 5th period* All eighth graders have supervised study during 7th period* All sixth graders have supervised sturdy during 9th periodWe encourage students to select their most challenging work at this time because all of their academic teachers are available if they need reinforcement, assistance, or a re-explanation.Our performing musical groups also use this time to rehearse.
What do I do if my child needs to go to a doctor appointment during the school day?
For your convenience, when your child needs to leave school early, or you need to take your child to an appointment during the school day, please follow the procedures listed below:
- The day of the appointment, please send a note with your student indicating the time you need to pick him/her up and reason for leaving.
Your child should bring the note to the attendance window before school or to the main office after the start of school. They will be given an early dismissal pass and teachers are given notice of students leaving early.
- When it is time to leave class, the pass should be given to the teacher, and your child may proceed to the main office to wait for you. Parents, guardians or documented emergency contacts may pick up students after signing them out in the main office. In certain situations and with parent/guardian notification, an authorized, legal adult may also pick up the student.
- When your child returns, he/she must check in at the main office and receive an admittance slip for their next class.
- The admittance pass obtained in the office should be presented to the next classroom teacher.
- See also this Reporting Absences page
When is the last day of school and time of dismissal for the 2015/2016 school year?
The last day of school will be:
Thursday, May 25, 2016 (Full Day attendance)
8 am - 2:50 pm
Emergency days (if needed) will extend until June 2
NOTE REGARDING EMERGENCY DAYS:
The official school year ends at the conclusion of the last emergency day on the calendar. No planned absences, for any reason, should be scheduled until after the last Emergency Day.