Activities & Events
Home & School hosts many activities and events throughout the school year. Some of these events are listed below.Adult Social
- Home & School Adult Social is held in the fall and the money raised directly supports your child’s experience at Elmwood School. The night includes food, drinks, music and a Silent Auction.
End of School Party
- Elmwood hosts two book fairs during the school year. Both are held during conference week with the first in the fall and the second held in the spring. Students, teachers, and families are able to come visit the fair and choose their favorite books. If you are not able to attend the book fair in person, both fairs also include selections online.
Food and Dining Fundraisers
- Come celebrate the end of school with an all-school family party. A great opportunity to have your yearbook signed by friends, listen to music, and kick-off summer vacation!
Friendship Day Smencils
- Throughout the school year Elmwood's Home & School will host events or nights to raise money for our school. Many of the events are dinner nights at restaurants around the Naperville area.
- Smencils are for sale during Valentines season! Flyers will be sent home with students.
- Home & School hosts family movie night. On these nights it is time to grab the family, some pillows and some sleeping bags and join us for the movies! Two movies are featured during the night, in Elmwood's Multi-Purpose Room and Gym playing simultaneously. Admission to the event is FREE! Bring your own snacks or purchase concessions on site. If you would like to donate your time and/or some baked goods to help make our Movie Night even better, please visit our sign-up genius website as we approach the night.
Shopping Fundraising Events
- All Elmwood students in Kindergarten through Fifth grade can participate. Students can participate as individuals or teams. Any science-related project is acceptable. However, the Science Fair theme can be used as a starting point for your child’s experiment. Students only need to conduct a scientific inquiry and arrive at a conclusion. Help your scientist to find a topic in which he or she is really interested!
- Periodically Elmwood Home and School will organize fundraisers sponsored by local Naperville businesses.
- Spirit Bash is a great night for Elmwood kids & their families, filled with carnival games, prizes, raffle baskets, food and other activities. And with all this fun, we raise money to pay for GREAT activities and assemblies at Elmwood! This event is held in the spring.