Greetings Ranch View Families,
We are happy to be “back” together, starting the 2021-2022 school year! Our theme this year is, “Facing the Future Together.” I am so excited to begin another amazing year with all of our Ranch View families! As we prepare for the opening of school, please make note of the following times and dates:
- Thursday, August 19th is the first day of school for all students in grades K-5.
- There is a kindergarten orientation session, scheduled for kindergarten students and their parents on August 12th at 9:00 am. The purpose of Kindergarten Preview is for your child to meet his/her teacher and see the classroom. If you ordered school supply packets, they will be in the classroom the first day of school. If you purchased supplies on your own, please bring them at this time. Please continue to monitor your email for updates closer to August 12th. We will share important information regarding the first day of school during the Kindergarten Preview, including arrival and dismissal procedures, class schedule, snack guidelines, and lunch procedures.
- Classroom and teacher assignments for kindergarten through fifth grade will be posted through Infinite Campus on Thursday, August 12th at 3:00 pm. Parents will access their child’s classroom assignment via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Visit the District 203 website (http://www.Naperville203.org) and click on the Campus Portal link on the left side. Follow the prompts to create your parent account. If you have difficulty with your account, contact the help desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All bus riders will be met by staff members at the start of the school year to guide children to their grade level classrooms. While Transportation information can be accessed in the Campus Portal (http://www.Naperville203.org) starting on August 9th at 3:00 pm, please check back frequently leading up to the start of school since changes can occur in routes and pick-up times. If you need assistance regarding transportation information, call the Transportation Department at 630-420-6464.
- The car lane is located in front of the building. All car lane families will be assigned a number for dismissal. Your child/children’s number will be called as you proceed to the front of the line. More detailed information to come.
- On the first day of school, students will meet their teachers on the back blacktop/recess area. Kindergarten will be on the small blacktop located near the staff parking lot. Student in 1st-5th will meet on the large blacktop on the back playground. Students should look for grade level areas, designated by signs. Adults wearing Ranch View Staff shirts will be available to guide students in the right direction. Please be prepared to say your good-byes at the door as it makes the transition smoother for students.
- Please make dismissal arrangements with your child. Classes will be dismissed out of several doors at 2:30 pm and students must know where you plan to meet. Bus and car riders will be directed to these specific locations. Kindergarten families will identify dismissal doors during Kindergarten Preview. A detailed letter with door numbers, family car lane numbers and other detail will be provided at a later date.
- We conducted registration for this current school year in April. Please make sure you have retuned registration materials. A student’s name cannot appear on a class list until the fee sheet and the updated contact sheet with your signature are returned. Please remember to contact the school office with any changes to the emergency card you completed in the spring.
- If you purchased school supply packets, they will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom prior to the first day of school.
- We offer a school lunch program for students in grades K-5. Please contact at 630-848-3927 with questions.
With Ranger Pride,
Andria Mitchell, Principal