WJHS School Improvement Plan
Indicator CL7: The environment of the school (physical, social, emotional, and behavioral) will be safe, welcoming, and conducive to learning.
· Evaluate the current safe and secure drills.
· Create more opportunities for students and families to feel connected to the building.
· Continue to integrate social-emotional learning for all three grade levels.
Indicator IID08: Instructional teams will review student learning data (academic, physical, social, emotional, behavioral) to assess and make decisions about curriculum and instructional strategies.
· Create a calendar of current assessments and how they can be used to make instructional decisions.
· Train staff on the use of data systems and how to use information to guide instructional practices.
· Train staff on the creation and use of Type III Assessments
· Use data on a regular basis in reviewing subject area standards
Indicator IVA03: The school’s Compact will outline the responsibilities/expectations of teachers, primary caregivers, and students.
· Create/write student, teacher, and parent/caregivers expectations.
· Share expectations with students during first days of school.
· Share expectations with parents during Curriculum Night.
· Review expectations with teachers during Opening Meetings.
· Print expectations in handbook and calendar.
· Post expectations on website.
· Posters will be created to hang around the school that review portions of the compact for students.For more information regarding School Improvement Plans, visit this link: https://www.naperville203.org/Page/4168