Reporting an Absence/Appointment
To report an absence, call 630-420-6880 before 7:50 a.m.
All students are required by law to attend school every day the school is in session. If a student is to be absent from school, the parent or guardian must call the school's absence line before 7:50 a.m. at (630) 420-6880. Recorded messages can be left anytime. The message should include the student's first and last name (spell the student’s last name), grade, and reason for absence.
Acceptable reasons for absence are as follows:
1. Student illness
2. Death in the family
3. Medical or dental appointments that cannot be scheduled at other times
4. Religious observances
The Absence Line must be contacted each day your student is not in attendance unless you have made other arrangements with the office. All prearranged absences must be submitted in writing, including a parent/guardian signature, to the office prior to the absence. Otherwise, the office will be trying to contact you at home, work, or through emergency contact numbers to make sure your child is safe.
A student who has been called in absent can return for the remainder of the school day only after first reporting to the main office. A student who becomes ill during the day is to report to the health office and the parent is contacted if the student has to be sent home. A student who must leave school for a medical or dental appointment should bring a note from the parent to the office before 8:00 a.m. and receive an early dismissal pass.
Please keep all phone numbers current by sending a note to the Health Office or by phone (420-6399). A reminder, also, to parents who have occasion to go out of town and leave their children in the care of someone else, to be sure to put in writing your authorization for emergency care during your absence, and to please notify the Health Office of the person who will be in charge.
Please consult your calendar for the full attendance policy.
Appointments/Early Dismissal from School
For your convenience, when your child needs to leave school early, or you need to take your child to an appointment during the school day, please follow the procedures listed below:
• The day of the appointment, send a note with your student indicating what time you need to pick him/her up and the reason for leaving.
• Your child must bring the note to the main office before 8:00 a.m. A pass will be provided and all teachers are notified of any early dismissals.
• A parent/guardian must come into the building to sign the student out.
• The pass should be given to the appropriate teacher at the beginning of the class period. When it is time to leave, your child may proceed to the main office to wait for you. Parents/guardians or documented emergency contacts may pick up the student after signing them out in the main office. In certain situations and with parent/guardian notification, an authorized, legal adult may also pick up the student.
• When your child returns, he/she must check in at the main office and receive an admittance slip for their next class.
• The admittance pass obtained in the office should be presented to the next classroom teacher.