The Football season will begin on March 10th. Based on the current guidance from the IDPH and IHSA, we have modified how the season will be played. The season will consist of 7 on 7 competitions, similar to what is done at the high school level. The student athletes will have the opportunity to play eight games against the other 203 junior high schools. Basic information is listed below and additional information will be communicated the first week of March.
· Football starts March 10th. A sign-up link will be sent out closer to the start date.
· Sports physicals will be required to participate
· There will be NO ATHLETIC FEE.
· We will be using the rules in place at the High School for 7 on 7 this season
· We will NOT be using flags or blocking linemen this year, games will be played as a touch style football game
· Helmets will NOT be required this year
· Coaches will be officiating the games
· Spectators WILL be allowed at games
· We WILL provide busses to/from games buses will leave school at 3:30 P.M., but you will have the option to pick-up/drop off your child if you wish to do so
· There will NOT be activity busses provided to get your child to/from PRACTICE. You will be responsible for dropping off/picking up your child at designated start/end times (We have not decided this yet, so this may be changed)
· Masks will be required at all times, but they will be allowed to briefly lower their mask to drink water