Posted by Tracy Mackh on 5/20/2019
Hello Naper Families,
Wow! This school year flew by and we accomplished so much! Thank you for your partnership! What an amazing Teacher Appreciation Week it was for the Naper Teachers! The door decorations, snack baskets, taco truck, flowers, notes of appreciation, lunches and more were so very appreciated and made our teachers feel so very loved. THANK YOU!
We have so much to celebrate this year at Naper school:
- We embraced a new motto “Better Together” that brought us all closer together.
- An increased emphasis on proactive SEL structures for students such as our Buddy Bench, Calming Castle and Calming Corners.
- A focus on building a strong positive school community!
- NEW and improved communications to ensure all stakeholders can engage in the school community!
- Amazing teachers who care so much about students and their growth!
- Over 220 students who care about one another, work hard, give back and make us proud every day!
- Over 20 NEW Naper families who joined our community!
- Fun Fair, Science Fair, Binder Bash, Fine Arts Night, Kindergarten Crash Course, Sweetheart Dance, Mother/Son Sports Night, Band & Orchestra Concerts, Chorus Concerts, Ice Cream Social and Book Exchange, MAD Club, Drama Club, Run Club, After School Sports, Intramural Sports, Class Parties, Screen Free Week and many other amazing activities! WOW!
- Over 70 Watch DOGS who volunteered their time in our school!
- An active and inspiring Home & School who partner with us to create an outstanding school community!
I am humbled and proud to a part of the Naper community. Thank you so much for the warm welcome this year to this outstanding school community. Thank you to our amazing and dedicated teachers and parents who make Naper such a great place to learn and grow each day.
This May we will celebrate the outstanding careers of four staff members at Naper. Carole Bibby, Pam Kelly, Bruce Randolph and Lynn Vieni will retire at the conclusion of this school year. These staff members have truly made a difference at Naper School and will be missed. We wish them the best in retirement! Thank you for all you have given the students at Naper School!
We are very excited to welcome three new staff members next year to the Naper family!
Nina Stephanides will join the kindergarten team in the fall! She actually attended Naper School and is coming from Berwyn where she is currently a kindergarten teacher. She attended the University of Illinois. She impressed us with her curriculum knowledge and genuine, warm personality!
Kendall Willis will join the first grade team in the fall. She is currently teaching 2nd at Kingsley in District 203. She attended Eastern Illinois University and was able to student teach in Ireland!
Ryan Carrizales will be teaching third grade in the fall. Ryan is currently teaching in Chicago Public Schools. He moving to the suburbs and getting married this summer. He describes himself as relentlessly positive! I am thrilled to have these educators join our staff. I know they will make a positive contribution.
Enjoy your summer and the slower pace that this season brings. I hope you are able to spend time with family and friends and enjoy time doing what you love to do. I look forward to seeing you in the fall and our continued work together! Watch for a welcome back letter early in August and you will receive your district summer mailing in July. You will be able to access class placements on August 8 at 3pm and you can access you child’s report card for this year on June 7 at 12pm.
We are better together,
Principal, Naper Elementary