Board Briefs May 6, 2019
The Board of Education paid tribute to retiring member Terry Fielden. Thank you for your years of service and dedication to Naperville 203!
Tonight the Board of Education seated re-elected and newly elected members Janet Yang Rohr, Kristine Gericke and Joe Kozminski.
Kristin Fitzgerald was re-elected President of the Board of Education. Donna Wandke was re-elected Vice President of the Board of Education.
The Board of Education voted to approve the following agenda items as presented:
- 01 Appointment/Salary of Secretary
- 02 Appointment of Treasurer
- 03 Consolidated District Plan
- 04 Bid: Copy Paper
- 05 Electronic Communication Contract
- 06 2019-2020 School Lunch Prices
Principal Brian Zallis presented the Prairie Elementary School Improvement Plan. School goals include supporting students through co-teaching, MTSS and essential standards, as well as promoting a safe and positive climate by developing the social emotional core competency of students.
Chief Financial Officer Michael Frances presented the Tentative FY2020 budget. This is the first presentation of the budget. The budget timeline includes:
- May 06, 2019 BOE to establish public hearing and review tentative budget
- May 15, 2019 Citizen Finance Advisors to review tentative budget
- May 17, 2019 Tentative Budget put on public display
- May 21, 2019 BOE budget workshop
- June 03, 2019 BOE to review final budget
- June 17, 2019 Public hearing on budget
- BOE adopts budget (Must be done by law by Sept.30th)
The Board of Education had discussion without action on:
- Establishing hourly rates of pay.
- Board of Education meeting calendar for 2019-2020