Return to Headlines
Board Briefs March 20, 2017
At the March 20, 2017 Board of Education meeting:
- Students from Ellsworth Elementary School lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The Board recognized Washington Junior High School Mission Maker Tatum Imburgia. Tatum cares about people in a boundless, wonderful way. She helps everyone with their classwork/homework, checks in with friends and other kids in the class, helps students in the hallway, and is extremely involved with the special needs population.
- The Board recognized:
- 2016 National Board Certified Teacher Renewals: Maura Anderson, Dave Davis, Brian Kessler, Jamie O'Brien-Wolf, Liza Palubicki, Rob Sacher, Ellen Spitalli, Dan Tompkins, Candance Weber, and Lisa Wukitsch.
- Kennedy Junior High Math Counts team who won first place at the State competition.
- Naperville North Table Tennis team who won first place at the Interscholastic Table Tennis of Illinois competition.
- DECA state champions from NCHS and NNHS.
- The Board appointed Dr. Patrick Nolten as the assistant superintendent for assessment and accountability beginning July 1.
- Ann Reid Early Childhood Center principal Tarah Allen presented their School Improvement Plan.
- District administration presented a new Blueprint Commitment for Early Childhood Education.
- District administration presented an update on college and career counseling services.
- The Board of Education voted to abate the 2016 Debt Service Levy.
- The Board approved:
- EC-8 certified staffing
- K-5 science curriculum
- New course proposals
- DLI leases
- Instructional resources
- Acorn online payment system
- NNHS Entry Enhancement bid
To view the agenda, minutes and video, visit https://www.naperville203.org/domain/732.