Health Services Overview
District 203 Health Service Philosophy
School Health Services recognize that an individual’s education and growth is related to their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
District 203 believes:
- Each individual is valuable and the development of his/her potential is the first responsibility of education.
- The acquisition of skills necessary to maintain a healthy state is a cardinal component of education.
- An effective school health program requires the cooperative involvement of family, school, community agencies, and medical disciplines.
- School Health Services provides a unique contribution to the development of concepts of wellness in students, families, and community.
- A maturing student should be able to face social situations and life problems with increasing judgment as to his/ her role and acceptance of it. Recognition of health issues should be fostered as a civic responsibility.