Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get my child into Ann Reid Early Childhood?

    There are numerous ways for your child to become a part of our program.  Calling our office (630-420-6899) is the best way to determine the right path for your family.  You may also email us at


    When does information get mailed out regarding registration for the next school year?
    Registration for the next school year begins in February. Please visit the Ann Reid website for information on registration.

    What if I have concerns regarding my child’s development?
    Call the main office and ask to speak with the screening coordinator. The screening coordinator will gather information from you and determine the necessary next steps. The main office phone number is 630-420-6899.

    Who do I contact regarding Home & School participation?
    Please contact the Home & School president via email,

    Who do I call to report an absence?
    Our Absence Line is 630-848-3969.
    It is the family's responsibility to also call Sunrise Transportation if the child rides the bus to school, 630-541-3414.

    What do I do if I can’t make it home to meet my child who is coming home on the bus?
    Find a family member or friend that can consistently get your child off the bus. They must be listed on the bus transportation form (filled out when transportation begins). Your child will return to Ann Reid if the designated person is not home to greet your child. If you need to pick up your child on a specific day please send a note to your child’s classroom teacher.

    What time should I get into the car line to pick up my child?
    AM Dismissal is from 10:50-11:00am
    PM Dismissal is from 2:35-2:45pm

    Who do I contact regarding volunteering at ARECC?
    Volunteers are always welcomed and appreciated at Ann Reid. Please contact your child’s classroom teacher or the Learning Commons Leader, Kim O'Neill, for opportunities to volunteer.

    Can I send treats with my child to celebrate his/her birthday?
    Non-food items can be brought to school to share with your child’s classmates. Due to allergies no food treats are allowed.

    How can I donate a book to the Learning Commons (LC)?

    We also have a Birthday Book club at Ann Reid. Donate a book to the LC in honor of your child. A bookplate with your child’s name and age will be put inside the book in honor of his/her birthday.