Students who are new arrivals to the United States
Welcome! We are excited that you are part of the Naperville 203 community! As part of our effort to prevent the spread of COVID 19, we are following the CDC guidelines* regarding international travel.
Per the CDC guidelines, international travelers need to wait for a few days before entering a district facility. The requirements for students who are vaccinated and for students who are not vaccinated are listed below:
Fully vaccinated students
- Get tested with an RT-PCR test three to five days after travel. The date of arrival to the U.S. is day zero.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for two weeks after return; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Fully vaccinated students can report to school as early as day four if a negative RT-PCR test is provided to the health office. Testing must occur day three to five after return.
- Get tested with an RT-PCR test three to five days after travel.The date of arrival in the U.S. is Day 0.
- Self-quarantine for a full 7 days after arrival, even with a negative test result.
- Unvaccinated students can report to school as early as day eight after travel if a negative RT-PCR test is provided to the health office at the school your child will be attending..
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected. Inform your school’s health office.
- If you choose not to test, self-quarantine for 10 days after arriving in the United States.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for two weeks after arrival; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
Testing: a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test is required. Antigen tests are not accepted, please contact the health office at the school you will be attending if you have any questions on testing.
As a reminder, always keep your student at home if they are ill for any reason.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing cooperation with our COVID-19 prevention policies and procedures as we work together to keep our students, staff, and families safe and healthy.