Volleyball is a cut sport, which means that only 20 girls per grade level will be chosen for the teams. Each grade level has two teams – AA and A, based on skill levels at the various positions. We focus on teaching the fundamentals of the game. The season runs from March to May, with daily practices in addition to games.In accordance with guidance from the IDPH and IHSA, we have modified how the season will look. The good news is that the season will still be competitive and the kids will have the opportunity to play against other schools. Basic information is listed below and additional information will be communicated home as the start date nears.
- Tryouts start March 10th. A sign-up link will be sent out closer to the start date.
- Sports physicals will be required to participate
- There will be NO ATHLETIC FEE
- We will play an 8 game schedule, playing each school twice
- Coaches will be officiating the games
- There will be no spectators allowed at games to reduce the number of people in our gyms at any given time
- We WILL provide busses to/from games, but you will have the option to pick-up/drop off your child if you wish to do so.
- There will NOT be busses provided to get your daughter to/from PRACTICE. You will be responsible for dropping off/picking up your child at designated start/end times. (We have not decided this yet, so this may be changed)
- Masks will be required at all time, but they will be allowed to briefly lower their mask to drink water
The match schedule is below. One grade level is always at home while the other plays at the opponents' school. The AA team plays first for first 4 games, and then the A Team plays first starting with the games on April 20th.
Transportation Request Form
With the remote start to our school year, the district is offering transportation to and from practice to those that qualify. If your child has the opportunity to take a bus to school on a regular school day then they have the opportunity to take the bus to and from practice. In order to utilize the district transportation, please fill out the following form: