Our young adults further their citizenship and environmental literacy via:
- Recycling NCUSD 203 generated paper waste and donated jewelry into handmade stationary, bookmarks, and lanyards.
- Recycling fleece scraps to make dog and cat toys.
- Upcyclying items donated to our program to create new products including framed art prints.
- Dehydrating organic vegetables to make dog treats.
- Creating fleece blankets out of fleece that is donated to our program.
- The Eco Connections Teaching Garden where our students organically and sustainably grow herbs, vegetables, native prairie plants, and participate in Monarch Watch. We are creating Farm to Naperville, a collaborative with area restaurants and chefs, where our garden serves as a produce supplier. Veterans Victory Farm assists in guiding our work.