Steps to Registration
Individual Fee Statements will be included in the mailing you should receive around July 30, 2018. Fees at Registration include:
1. General Fees
Grades 9, 11, 12: $88.00
Grade 10: $84.50
Technology Fee: $50.00
2. Instructional Course Fees apply to specific courses and cover the cost of required instructional materials given to students.
3. Optional Fees listed on the Fee Statement include:
- The student Athletic Pass which allows admission to all home athletic events including football, basketball, wrestling, swimming, gymnastics, and any other school-sponsored athletic contest. Tournaments are the only exceptions.
- Home & School membership which includes access to the NCHS Student Directory App.
- Donation to the Naperville Education Foundation
- Three NCHS publications: The Icarian literary magazine, The Central Times newspaper, and the Flight yearbook
You must pay the exact amount on the Fee Statement in addition to any optional fees selected. Students with fines or outstanding obligations have this amount added to the 2018-19 Fee Billing Statement. All fees and/or outstanding obligations may be paid with cash or check (made payable to Naperville School District 203). A penalty charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check. Families interested in paying school fees with a credit card must use the Web Store, our online payment system, prior to Registration. A processing fee will be charged to credit card payments. Even if you don’t choose to pay online, you can set up an account to view all fees and payments. For information on how to set up an account, please read the Online Payment Parent User Guide.
If you feel you may qualify for a Fee Waiver/Free Lunch for the 2018-19 school year, please fill out the Fee Waiver/Free Lunch Application enclosed in the Registration mailing. A new application needs to be completed each school year. It is strongly recommended that you return the completed application prior to Registration. For more information or to complete the application online, please visit the Free and Reduced Meal Guidelines page on the District website.
If you would like to request a payment plan, please call Carrie McFadden at 630-420-6432. It is strongly recommended that you arrange the payment plan prior to Registration.
Pictures for the yearbook and ID cards will be taken at registration. Proper dress code is required for the Yearbook and School ID pictures. Picture Flyers will be included in the Registration mailing. Picture Re-takes will be on Tuesday, October 2nd from 10:30 am - 1:20 pm in the cafeteria.
Bus numbers and routes will be available on the portal of Infinite Campus prior to registration. Student ID cards will be coded with proper bus numbers. Students must have their ID card to ride the bus. Questions can be directed to the Transportation department at 630-420-6464.
HEALTH & EMERGENCY INFORMATION:
The School Code of Illinois requires all freshmen to present evidence of a physical examination and immunizations. The examination must have been completed within one year prior to the entry date into 9th grade. All seniors are required to present written proof of having received two meningococcal vaccinations before the age of 16, or one vaccination after the age of 16. Students new to District 203 schools should be sure that their health records are forwarded from their previous school. New students have 30 days to meet this obligation.
One Emergency Card will be included in the Registration mailing. Please return the completed card to the nurses’ station at Registration.
To speed up the freshmen registration process, we would appreciate the completed physical form, the Emergency Card, and the Census Verification form be brought into the Main Office of Naperville Central during the summer. If mailing, send to Naperville Central High School, 440 West Aurora Avenue, Naperville, IL 60540 Attn: Carrie McFadden. We need to receive these items by 3:00 pm on Friday, August 3rd. If you do not have your physical completed by August 3rd, please bring it with you when registering. Just having a physical scheduled is not sufficient. You must have a completed physical with you to register. Athletes: Please keep a copy of your physical to turn into the Athletic Office when you register for a sport. We also suggest all parents keep an additional copy of the physical for future reference.
Naperville Community Unit School District 203 has purchased student accident insurance coverage on your child’s behalf. This program provides coverage for your child for any injuries incurred while participating in any school-sponsored and/or supervised activity, including all athletics. If a student has other insurance, District 203 coverage is secondary. Claims forms are available at the Nurses’ Office and the Athletic Trainers’ Office.
PASSWORDS & CHROMEBOOKS:
All students will change their District password. All students new to NCHS will receive a Chromebook, power brick and carrying case. All students will be given access to the District 203 network unless a direct request to deny access is submitted in writing to the Principal. Students will sign a copy of the Acceptable Use Guidelines (Acceptable Use Guidelines (en Español) when they receive their Chromebook. For more information on our Student Data Privacy and Authorization for Use of Computers and Electronic Networks policies, please click on the links below:
- Student Data Privacy and Protection (English)
- Student Data Privacy and Protectin (en Español)
- Authorization for Use of Computers (English)
- Authorization for Use of Computers (en Español)
STUDENT PLANNER (REDBOOK):
The Redbook will be handed out to each student at registration. The Redbook contains information about procedures and activities at NCHS. Students will sign a card at Registration indicating that they have received the book and are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the information it contains and conforming their behavior to the expectations explained within. Additional copies of the Redbook are available in the school store for $5.00. The signature on the Registration card also indicates participation in the Illinois State textbook program, which provides for additional funding for the purchase of textbooks.
FIRST SEMESTER SCHEDULE:
Students will receive a copy of their first semester schedule. Locker assignments and combinations will be included on the schedule.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION UNIFORMS:
- Students are required to wear a NCHS Physical Education shirt available for purchase at Registration or the school store. The NCHS PE shirt can be purchased for $8.00.
- Students are required to wear athletic style shorts or sweatpants of their choice with an elastic waistband or drawstring. NCHS Physical Education shorts are available for purchase at Registration or the school store for $11.00.
- Students are required to purchase a black PE lock from NCHS. These locks are available at Registration or the school store. Locks can be purchased for $5.00.
- Students are required to wear athletic shoes with rubber soles and tie-up laces. Boots, sandals, or footwear identified as unsafe or unacceptable by PE department standards cannot be worn.
- Incoming freshman students are expected to bring their heart rate monitor straps they were issued in junior high. If a student lost or needs a new heart rate monitor strap, they are available for purchase at Registration and in the PE office.
A variety of spirit wear will be available for purchase at Registration. Spirit wear is also available at the school store, which is open during the lunch periods.
ARAMARK FOOD SERVICE:
During Registration, families can add money to student lunch accounts to make purchasing breakfast or lunch easier. See the Aramark Newsletter for more information about our food service (newsletter en Español).