What are Document Cameras?
A document camera is a real-time image capture device use to display an object, text or any material to a group, such as students. The document camera is typically connected to the teacher computer, which is connected to a projector in the classroom.
Why do we utilize Document Cameras as a learning and teaching tool in District 203?
- To effectively display text, objects, images and other materials to all students on a larger scale.
- To capture images of an item and store them for use at a later time.
- To record demonstrations (with appropriate software)
- Instant feedback on live images - no scanning necessary
- Reduce copying
- Increase student engagement